The Notecarrier A
Designed for building battery-powered wireless IoT applications.
- Onboard JST Connectors for LiPo and Solar power
- Two Qwiic ports for connecting I2C peripherals
- Pre-soldered headers for access to Notecard edge connector pins
- M.2. Key E edge connector and screw-down port for Notecard
- Nano-SIM slot for (optional) additional carrier connectivity
- Onboard cellular/Wi-Fi and active GPS antennas
- Micro-USB to power device and provide USB interface to Notecard
- This product requires a Notecard
Best Notecarrier For Any Non-Feather MCU
Pre-soldered case for 3 AA batteries (AA model)
JST connectors for LiPo battery and solar panel (AL model)
Castellated edge connector for soldering onto PCB (AE model)
Which Notecarrier is right for me?
Discover the right Notecarrier for your host, power supply, and deployment stage.
Bring Your Idea to Life with Our Starter Kits
The Notecard can bring most things online — from your everyday bird feeder to your large-scale farm equipment. This is just the beginning.
Feather Starter Kit
Includes a Notecarrier-AF, an Adafruit Feather ESP32 HUZZAH, and a Notecard SoM with cellular and GPS.
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Includes a Notecarrier Pi Hat, a Notecard SoM with cellular and GPS, and an external cellular antenna.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Blues Wireless Notecard and its companion Notecarrier-Pi HAT support virtually any Raspberry Pi-compatible single-board computer (SBC) with a 40-pin male header connector. Some examples of compatible SBCs include the balenaFin, Banana Pi, and the ROCK Pi.
Note that due to the power requirements of the Notecard, some Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 models include a current-limiting fuse that will power-cycle the device when the Notecard’s modem is on and transmitting. To avoid these issues, we recommend using Raspberry Pi 4 devices with the Notecard and Notecarrier Pi HAT.
The Blues Wireless Notecard, combined with the Notecarrier-AF, is the easiest way to add cellular connectivity to your MCU-based IoT project. Blues Wireless provides a Feather Starter Kit that includes a Adafruit ESP32 HUZZAH to get you started as quickly as possible. Alternatively, if you are invested in the Raspberry Pi platform, you can get started with the Raspberry Pi Starter Kit.
No! The Blues Wireless Notecard is a small 30mm x 35mm system on module (SoM) that is able to be embedded in any IoT project on its own via its M.2 edge connector.
However, Blues Wireless provides a variety of Notecarrier host boards for easily adding cellular connectivity to a new or existing IoT solution for prototyping purposes. The Notecarrier also provides antennae for both the GPS and cellular capabilities of the Cellular Notecard (and the cellular antenna is also compatible with the Wi-Fi Notecard).
- Notecard: SoM peripheral with a cellular modem, IMU sensor, GPS modem, with an M.2 edge connector.
- Notecarrier: A prototyping board with cellular/Wi-Fi and GPS antennae, used to breakout the pins on the Notecard’s M.2 connector.
- Notehub: A cloud service, used as a backend to connect with the Notecard. Notehub.io securely receives all data and communications created by the Notecard. In turn, Notehub.io can securely sync encrypted data with the cloud application of your choice using VPN tunnels which eliminates the need for traffic to traverse the public Internet.
We’re making Massive IoT implementation quick and easy.
Start your journey with us!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Expert tips, exciting projects, and IoT insights delivered every month