Build a Smarter World
$5K in prizes for building a connected AIoT project with Edge Impulse & Blues Wireless
Join the Contest
IoT solutions that use Machine Learning with Wireless IoT are some of the most exciting we see. This is why Blues Wireless and Edge Impulse are hosting a contest where you use our hardware and services to build something great (and get rewarded with over $5,000 in prizes! 💰). From October '22 to January '23, our "Smarter World" contest is here to inspire you build an awesome AIoT project.
Here's how it works:
- Send us your project idea that includes ML with Edge Impulse and wireless with Blues.
- Once your idea is approved, you get a 15% discount code for any needed Blues Wireless hardware.
- You publish a new project on Hackster with your tutorial, and send us the link.
- All published projects will get the remaining 85% of the hardware reimbursed (plus you'll get a swag pack!).
- Judging for the prizes will take place in January 2023.
Creating the best possible AIoT project for this contest means you have to follow some specific requirements:
- Use Edge Impulse to create your Machine Learning model.
- Your Edge Impulse project must be made Public.
- Use the Cellular or Wi-Fi Notecard (plus any other needed Blues hardware) for wireless cloud communications.
- The project must be new and never before submitted to Hackster.
- The Hackster writeup must be a complete tutorial documenting building the solution and the results of the project.
$5,000+ in Prizes
We are giving away cash prizes, swag packs, and a few PlayStation 5 bonus prizes!
The overall Grand Prize winner 🥇 will take home $3000 USD, with 2nd place 🥈 receiving $1500 USD, and 3rd place 🥉 $500 USD.
All participants who successfully publish a Hackster project will get an Edge Impulse + Blues Wireless swag pack and will have the remaining 85% of their purchased Blues Wireless hardware reimbursed.
We are giving away a PlayStation 5 (or USD cash equivalent) bonus prize in each of the following categories:
- 👀 Most project views on Hackster in the first month after project submission.
- 📳 Most creative use of Cellular IoT
- 🤖 Most creative use of Machine Learning
ML-Powered Speed Trap
Build a "speed trap" that uses ML to identify vehicles, a radar sensor to measure speed, and a cellular module to report data to the cloud. View the complete project on Hackster.
Pest Detection on Raspberry Pi
My yard is under attack. That’s why I used a Raspberry Pi, a Pi camera, and some machine learning to catch my yard’s attackers in action. View the complete project on Hackster.
Experiment with some of these ML + IoT scenarios:
- Voice Commands
- Health Prediction
- Activity Detection
- Gesture Recognition
- Acoustic Event Detection
- Appliance Smart Sensing
- Fire Detection
- People Counting
- HVAC Maintenance
- PDM - Motors
- Power Grid Monitoring
- Worker Safety
- Manufacturing Quality
- Analog Meter Reading
- Smart Robotics
- Asset Tracking
- Worker Safety
- Smart Cameras
Meet the Judges
- How do I join the contest?
- Submit your project idea using this form. The rest of the process is outlined at the top of this page.
- Help! I don't know which Blues Wireless hardware I need!
- How do I get started with Blues Wireless and Edge Impulse?
- I live in an unsupported country for using the Cellular Notecard. What are my options?
- You can either use an external SIM (e.g. Twilio SuperSIM, Hologram, or 1NCE) - or just use the Wi-Fi Notecard.
- I created a Hackster project before seeing this contest. Can I submit it instead of creating a new one?
- We are only accepting *new* Hackster projects. Anything published prior to October 1st, 2022 will not be accepted.
- How many entries may I submit?
- One entry per person, please.
We’re making Massive IoT implementation quick and easy.
Start your journey with us!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Expert tips, exciting projects, and IoT insights delivered every month